The Superformance MKIII is an aesthetically and dimensionally correct replica of the classic Shelby Cobra roadster. Each rolling chassis comes completely assembled and painted minus engine and transmission. Chassis
Jig-Welded parallel ladder frame of heavy wall 2" x 4" rectangular steel tubing with large diameter outriggers. Frame incorporates front and rear crumple zones. Door hinge, steering column and windshield pickup-points incorporated onto main chassis. Engine and Transmission
Installation kits are available for Ford 302, 351, 460 and 427/428 cubic inch engines with Tremec 5-speed or Ford top loader 4-speed transmissions. ZF Limited slip differential. Ratio 3:45:1 as standard equipment. Exhaust System
Side-mounted exhausts to original specifications. General
Latest technology single row high performance aluminum core radiator with 2 thermostatically-controlled electric fans; original specification oil cooler; hand fabricated stainless steel engine louvers; heater unit with 2 speed fan; original style wiper assembly with 2 speeds and 140 degree wiper arc; hand fabricated windshield assembly to original specification, chrome plated. Instrumentation/Controls
Original style instruments specially manufactured by Smiths of England, fitted to original S/C and Roadster lay-outs. Hand crafted shifter and handbrake. Interior
Hand made seats upholstered in German specification automotive leather. Fully carpeted floor, center console, sides and rear firewall. Slide adjusters for driver's seat. Tonneau cover and soft top supplied as standard. Side screens as per original design. Hard top optionally available. Wheels
Aluminum, pin drive "Halibrand" style wheels. Standard Equipment includes:
- Show quality two-stage paint finishes.
- Hand laminated fiberglass body with reinforcing inserts.
- Heavy duty TIG welded ladder frame chassis with crumple zones.
- Fully independent front and rear suspension.
- Limited slip differential.
- Side and rear view mirrors.
- Carpeted interior and trunk. Aluminum finished firewall.
- Soft top and side screens.
- Willwood® power-assisted vented disc brakes (4-pot calipers.Front, Single-pot calipers back)
- Billstein® custom crafted coil-over shocks.
- Aluminum pin drive “Halibrand” style wheels (Knock – off) with 15” tires.
- Original style pedals, catches and fittings.
- Original style shifter and hand brake lever.
- Tonneau cover.
- Sun Visors and wind wings.
- Wipers & Washer, heater/defogger.
- Leather seating surfaces (drivers adjusts.)
- Original style latch-lock seat belts.
- Monza style filler. (locking gas cap)
- Aluminum, single core hi-performance radiator, shroud and dual fans.
- Stainless steel fuel tank. 17 gal. (Pressure tested.)