Katech Performance, ever attuned to the collective conscious of the Corvette universe, knew this – enthusiasts wanted a lighter weight Z06 tuned for the track. Now they have it.
The Corvette Z06 ClubSport package – available exclusively from Katech Performance and Les Stanford Chevrolet (Dearborn, Mich.) – incorporates an array of aftermarket products that, in unison, reduce curb weight to 2,915 lbs. (2,825 lbs. fully optimized) while improving grip, cornering, braking and downforce.
"The Z06 is already wonderfully light weight," commented Jason Harding, performance parts sales, Katech Performance. "We knew, however, that we could improve the power-to-weight ratio with several select modifications. Lamborghini has its Gallardo Superleggera, Ferrari its F430 Scuderia and Dodge its Viper ACR. Now the Corvette Z06 has the ClubSport package from Katech Performance."
What does one feed Chevrolet's already well-conditioned athlete to shed pounds and improve its game? The ClubSport diet calls for:
- Brembo® Gran Turismo Brake Kit: Two-piece cross-drilled rotors significantly reduce un-sprung rotating mass; front six-piston monobloc calipers squeeze 14-inch rotors; rear four-piston monobloc calipers pinch 13.6-inch rotors
- Moton Clubsport Suspension: Double-adjustable coil-overs enhance power-to-the-pavement delivery while offering seven individually adjustable rebound and compression settings; system is specially tuned by Moton engineers and SCCA World Challenge professional driver Andy Pilgrim
- Katech Performance ClubSport Wheels: 15-spoke, single-piece forged aluminum wheels (18x9.5-inch front; 19x12-inch rear) further reduce un-sprung rotating mass; finished in attractive gray powder coat
- Michelin® Pilot® Sport Cup Tires: Enhance grip and handling while reducing total mass (285/30R18 front; 325/30R19 rear)
- Katech Performance Appearance Package: Carbon fiber front splitter improves aerodynamics and is complemented by a matching carbon fiber rear spoiler that improves downforce; lift-off carbon fiber World Challenge hood vents the engine compartment, reduces weight by 50% and provides more downforce; ClubSport racing stripe on front fenders and rear fascia identifies vehicle as an exclusive Katech Performance creation
- Halltech Killer Bee™ Air Intake: Carbon fiber intake designed specifically to complement Katech Performance's carbon fiber valve covers
- Katech Performance Exhaust System: Lightweight 18-gauge stainless steel design incorporating X-pipe, two lightweight mufflers, over-axle pipes and CORSA® quad tips; reduces weight and produces a deep, racecar-like tone while maintaining a civil pitch on public roads
- Exedy Twin-Disc Clutch: Reduces drivetrain mass and makes for easy rev-matched downshifts
- Braille Battery: All-season; reduces weight in the rear
Several optional supplements are also available including: Caravaggio leather race seats; A/C and/or radio delete as well as carpet delete to further reduce weight; roll bar or harness bar and six-point harnesses; and an ARE dry sump system.
So what's the final verdict? A power-to-weight ratio of 5.45 lbs./horsepower (standard) or 5.28 lbs./horsepower (fully optimized).
Complete with a 12-month/12,000-mile warranty, the Katech Performance Z06 ClubSport starts at $109,000 (standard) and is expected to maintain 50-state emissions compliance*. Power plant improvements – including an array of modified LS7 engine packages – are also available for customers who want to upgrade to a true Katech Performance "Street Attack" Z06.
To purchase a brand new ClubSport Z06 from Les Stanford Chevrolet – "America's Corvette King" – call 800.699.VETT or visit www.lesstanford.com. Already own a 2006-2009 Z06? Bring your Vette to Katech to get started on the ClubSport plan. Call 866.KATECH1 or visit www.katechengines.com.
Katech Performance, the aftermarket performance division of Katech Inc., engineers and manufactures race-proven crate engines and components for LS1/LS6 and LS2/LS7 engines including solid belt tensioners, coil relocation brackets, cylinder heads, dampers, pistons, push rods, throttle bodies and valve covers, among other high-performance products for the street and track.