This item has been shown 47407 times.
Electric power steering controller box – Saturn Vue Ion , Chevrolet Equinox
ECU conector included in our controller kit !
Attention: if you order 2 or more controller kits we will dispatch your package by Fedex priority and you will receive it in just a few days.
Note: now we also have a controller kit for Ford Fiesta 2009/17 electric steering. These are cheaper and easier to buy. Please check our other ads.
Kit to install an electric steering to any other vehicle.
This controller box comes ready to install. You just need to follow instruction procedure included in this sale.
It is very easy to install. Colour instructions for install and use included in this sale.
power steering uses an electric motor to assist the steering. A
computer module (ECU) receives information from several sensors and
decides which level of assistance the electric motor should deliver to
the steering. When you install an electric steering column from Saturn
Vue or Chevrolet Equinox to your vehicle it won´t work because the ECU
doesn´t receives information. That´s why you need this controller unit.
It sends information to the ECU according to the position of the knob.So, the position of this knob will determine the steering assistance level.
How to adjust steering assistance:
- Adjustment knob turned fully anti-clockwise - no steering assistance.
- Adjustment knob turned fully clockwise - maximum steering assistance.
- Between this two points, you have various intermediate steering assistance levels.
This controller box will fit steering columns from:
- Saturn Vue - from 2002 to 2007
- Chevrolet Equinox - from 2005 to 2007 (in case of doubt please send us a photo of your steering column).
- Pontiac Torrent- from 2005 to 2007 (in case of doubt please send us a photo of your steering column).
- Saturn Ion - from 2003 to 2006 - only in steering column with metal ECU case.
Please check second and third image of this ad. As you can see the ECU has a metal case.
Saturn ION steering´s have a black ECU case. This controller will not
work on that steering. You should find a steering with a metal ECU case.
What do you need to install an electric power steering to your car:
- First you need to find an used electric steering column in a scrap yard.
- Then you must adapt that steering column in your car.
- Then you must buy this controller box and follow instruction procedure.
- Finally you have power steering in your car !
these steering columns the ECU (electronic box) is mounted in the
steering column. It is possible to remove ECU from that place and
install it in other place. With this modification it will be easier to
adapt the steering column to your car. For those who buy this controller
box I will give for free a guide to remove ECU from steering column to
allow install it in other place.
These steering columns can have two problems:
- It can be slightly softer to turn left than right (or the opposite).
- When you turn steering wheel, the steering system can turn off without explanation.
two problems are easily repairable. You don´t need to spend money to
solve them. For those who buy this controller box will have for free a
guide to solve these two problems.
Typical applications: Rally cars, classic cars, Buggy, Mustang, Chevrolet, Camaro, Dodge, Van, Campers, many others.
ship worldwide. Most items will be sent within 24 hours. Items sent
from Europe. It takes 5 to 10 working days to deliver to USA and Canada.
For faster delivery to the US, please buy from our US supplier name "ePowerSteering".
Please check out our response ! We have hundreds of customers happy with our controller kit.
This is a very common andsuccessful modification all over the world.
Use only outside public roads or for Motorsport.
VAT invoice: all our items include a VAT invoice supplied with the goods. Please tell us your VAT number for correct invoice.
Please check our new steering wheel with an integrated shift light.