This item has been shown 849 times.
The McLaren F1 Road Car
The McLaren F1 is a sports car designed and manufactured by McLaren Cars. Originally a concept conceived by Gordon Murray, he convinced Ron Dennis to back the project and engaged Peter Stevens to design the exterior and interior of the car.
The car features numerous proprietary designs and technologies; it is lighter and has a more streamlined structure than many modern sports cars, despite having one seat more than most similar sports cars, with the driver's seat located in the centre (and slightly forward) of two passengers' seating positions, providing driver visibility superior to that of a conventional seating layout.
The McLaren F1 was conceived as an exercise in creating what its designers hoped would be considered the ultimate road car. Despite not having been designed as a track machine, a modified race car edition of the vehicle won several races, including the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1995, where it faced purpose-built prototype race cars. Production began in 1992 and ended in 1998. In all, 106 cars were manufactured, with some variations in the design.
In 1994, the British car magazine Autocar stated in a road test regarding the F1, "The McLaren F1 is the finest driving machine yet built for the public road." They further stated, "The F1 will be remembered as one of the great events in the history of the car, and it may possibly be the fastest production road car the world will ever see."
The McLaren F1 Road Car Softcover Monaco Launch Brochure 1992
This is the definitive brochure about the definitive sports car. This boxed brochure was presented to prospective buyers and distinguished guests at The Sporting Club of Monaco on Thursday 28 May 1992, three days prior to the Monaco Grand Prix.
This particular example was purchased -- sealed and unopened -- by me in October 2011. It was carefully examined only once, to confirm its new condition and authenticity. It has since been stored in its original box; in a cool, dry, climate-controlled indoor environment. The outer white box is undamaged, but has some "yellowing" consistent with its 27-year age. The brochure itself is in unused, unread, like-new condition.
To minimize handling, the interior contents of this 72-page brochure have not been photographed. The interior images shown in this listing are of my personal copy. This brochure is truly an exceptional piece of automotive history.
- Manufacturer: McLaren
- Country: England
- Publication year: 1992
- Publisher: Printed in England by CTD Printers
- Subject:McLaren F1 Road Car
- Title:McLaren F1
- Author: Doug Nye
- Preface: Mansour Ojjeh
- Forward: Gordon Murray
- Cover: Softcover
- Dimensions (brochure): 11.75"wide x 11.75"high
- Dimensions (box): 13.75"wide x 12"high
- Pages: 72
- Weight (with box): 29 ounces
- Text: English
- Print type: Full color
- Condition: NEW
- Note: Includes original outer white box.
- Note: Outer box and sealing tape show some "yellowing."
- Reference: 0987
- We only accept online payment through PayPal.
- Please include the item number in any shipping within the United States is FAST and FREE.
- We ship to the United States via USPS Priority Mail.
- International shipping may be available at additional cost. Please refer to individual listings for details.
- All items are stored in archival plastic sleeves with acid-free backing boards.
- All single flat brochures are shipped in heavy-duty, flat, rigid cardboard mailers.
- Purchases containing large or multiple items are securely packed and shipped in sturdy cardboard containers.