Class III/IV hitches are Weight Carrying (WC) and also are Weight Distributing (WD) hitches depending on the vehicle and hitch specifications. Not all Class III/IV hitches are rated to be both. The hitch specifications box below will alert you to a hitch that is not rated for weight distributing use.
Class III/IV hitches used as Weight Carrying are rated up to 6,000 lbs. Gross Trailer Weight (GTW) with a maximum trailer Tongue Weight (TW) of 600 lbs. The use of a ball mount and hitch ball of the same rating or higher is required. To use the weight distribution side of the hitch, a weight distribution system is required. Class III/IV hitches attach to the vehicle frame only. Always consult your owner's manual for vehicle rating.
- Weight carrying capacity: 3,500 lbs. gross trailer weight, 525 lbs. tongue weight
- Hitch is not rated for use with weight distributing
- 2" Class III receiver hitch
- Installation time: 35 minutes
- No drilling required for installation
- Holes in frame may need to be enlarged slightly for hardware insertion
- Installation hardware is included
- Made in U.S.A.