This item has been shown 93 times.
- Featuring AWE Tuning 180 Technology™
- For both Sedan and Avant
- Sophisticated Tone, distinctive sound
- Available in Single, Dual and Quad Outlet variants
- +8 - 9 crank HP and +6 - 7 crank TQ
- T-304 Stainless Steel Construction
- Lifetime Exhaust Warranty
- Optional valance allows quad tip on non-S Line cars
- Perfect Fitment - Guaranteed
The stock A4 exhaust system has crimped tubing that obstructs exhaust flow, and robs horsepower. We fixed that. The AWE Tuning A4 Touring Edition Exhaust and Downpipe was designed using CAD modeling software to produce smooth gradual bends, eliminating flow interference. These improvements to the exhaust path result in gains of 8-9 horsepower and 6-7 lb ft of torque at the crank.
As exhaust gases exit the 2.0L Turbo engine and flow into an AWE Tuning 180 Technology™ equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves re-join the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. More on AWE Tuning 180 Technology™ in the tab above.