Sale is for ONE set of vinyl letter insert kit for ALL NewEdge 1999-2004 Ford Musrang GT's/V6's/Mach 1's/and Bullitts (Not COBRA, ROUSH, SALEEN, or anyother aftermarket bumpers without factory style "MUSTANG" indentions)
- Package will include all lettering for use on rear bumper, Isopropyl Alcohol Wipes, and a 11.5"x11.5" Microfiber Towel.
Lettering is cut of ORACAL 651 High Temp Outdoor Gloss Vinyl, perfect for hot exterior paint and panels
(Same vinyl used for engine cover and brake caliper decals to withstand heat)
[DECALS ARE AVAILABLE IN 7 COLORS]:
--METALLIC SILVER (Not chrome)
Since the letter decals are installed in sunken in indentions, I highly recommend the use of soapy water, a heat gun, and the provided microfiber towel + alcohol wipes.
I also prefer to remove the letter from both the backing paper and transfer paper (clear paper). This is not required but does better allow freely adjusting/positioning the letter.
- Wetting the vinyl letters or bumper (or both) will allow you to position the letters where you want them without prematurely sticking to the bumper.
- Use the heat gun to lightly warm the vinyl, this will dry some of the soapy water and allow the vinyl to better adhere/contour to the bumper now that it's in the position you want.
- When warmed up, apply pressure with the microfiber towel to squeeze and absorb remaining soapy water. This also provides better pressure distribution across the decal to ensure it contours properly to the bumper as the vinyl is softened.
---If you used the transfer paper, peel the transfer paper off leaving only the vinyl letter sticking to the bumper.
--- DO NOT PULL UP/TOWARDS YOU, Pull the transfer paper at a sharp angle, almost parallel to the decal being transferred, this angle makes it much harder for the decal to be lifted off and will instead stay adhered to the bumper.
- Once all letters are applied, heat all letters lightly and apply pressure to extract any remaining water and/or air bubbles.
(These instructions are only a suggestion, if you are more comfortable with another method, then please do so. I am not responsible for improper installation.)
Thanks for looking!!