This item has been shown 419 times.
Powered by Frooition
See our store for more great items >
Shop CategoriesA/C & HeaterAir & FuelApparelBattery Trays & RelatedBrakesBumpers & BracketsConvertible Top & RelatedDamaged / Reduced Price ItemsDoor Related PartsElectricalEngine & UnderhoodEngine CoolingExhaustExteriorFiberglass Body PartsGM & NOS PartsHardware & FastenersHood Related PartsInterior & RelatedLiterature & ManualsOn Sale ItemsSheet Metal Body PartsSteering & SuspensionTransmission & Rear AxleUSED PARTS (Sold AS IS)Weatherstrip & SealsWheels & RelatedWindow / Glass Related
1968 - 1972
GTO / LeMans
Classic Update Wiring Harness Kit
- Brand New Reproduction Wiring Harness Kit
- The "Classic Update" wiring kits are made for the restoration enthusiast who wants some modern amenities in their classic vehicle. These kits include everything you need to modernize your classic vehicle: Headlight, Dimmer, and Ignition Switches; Boots, Tubes, and Grommets; Relays, and Flashers; Original Connectors, Terminals, and Disconnects.
- These kits are specifically made for the listed application and are not a universal designed kit!
- These Kits Feature:
- Original headlight, parking light, and rear body lighting and boot, tube and grommet assemblies for weatherproof protection. Original factory tail light sockets are provided as required.
- New 18 fuse, 21 circuit, fuse box system comes completely ready to install under the dash.
- Original dome lighting and under-dash lighting included.
- Enough spare circuits to add power door locks, power windows and much more!
- Attachment to original or reproduction tail light assemblies are an easy plug-in.
- All original connectors are provided for connecting to all original equipment.
- Connect any steering column from the original to fully modified.
- Wiring harness is completely GM color coded and the color code is supplied to adapt the original system
- Ready to connect to the updated SI alternator and original coil/distributor or most any aftermarket system without additional parts.
- Manufactured by American Autowire
- These kits are recommended for MODIFIED original vehicles, not OEM restoration projects.
- Replacement headlight switch with internal 60 amp circuit breaker included. Retention collar nut, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob are also included.
- Standard turn signal and hazard flashers are mounted on fuse panel. A new horn relay is mounted on the main dash harness.
- Fuse box designed to fit in original location. All required hardware supplied. New ATO fuse box allows easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility. Harness is laid out and formed to allow for nearly all after market accessories such as; gauge packages, wiper systems, heat and air conditioning systems, etc.
- Original switch connector bodies! (Exclusive to American Autowire)
- Steering column connectors can plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns or stock 1968-72 GM columns that use stock GM turn signal switches.
- Accommodates 1968 and 1969 models with the Factory Front Cornering Lamp Option
- Separate under dash courtesy lamps for use along with your original dome/interior lighting.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy service and assembly. Original terminals and PC board connectors (another American Autowire exclusive) are provided for stock cluster connections. The system will also connect into most popular aftermarket gauges such as AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, VDO and others.
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness in the stock location and the longer leads allow for stock or custom routing of the wires. Rear body wiring includes backup light lead wires (with correct lamp sockets for 1969) or connectors, stop and tail light lead wires (with correct lamp sockets for 1969) or connectors, lamp sockets and leads for rear side markers (1968 and 69), terminals and connectors to mate with the license plate connection wire, and fuel tank sender wire with trunk grommet and tank connection. (1970-72 tail lamp bucket harnesses are available separately)
- New floor dimmer switch is provided for ease of installation. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
- GM bulkhead connectors for the engine and front light wiring are included (another American Autowire exclusive) and allow for easy installation with original or custom routing.
- Engine wiring includes connectors for original points type as well as H.E.I. distributors. Power and tach connectors supplied for GM H.E.I. distributors. Alternator connectors are supplied for GM “SI” series internally regulated alternators. GM “CS” series alternator adapter is available separately.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads that can be routed for stock or optional appearances. All headlight, parking and directional light connectors and terminals are provided along with a switched trigger wire for an electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
- Original molded front parking lamp connections for the 1968-70 models (an American Autowire exclusive)
- Color schematics and easy to understand installation instructions included.
Please note: Classic Update Kits do not support Ammeters
- Fits the following models:
- 1968 - 1972 Tempest / LeMans / GTO
This is a Pre-Sell item which will be in your possession within 60 days or less after receipt of payment for the item. Please plan accordingly.
Tamraz's Parts Discount Warehouse. Quality Parts for American Muscle Cars and Classics. We love old Muscle Cars & Classics. We have been in business for over 30 years selling high quality products for customers restoring their cars or trucks. We carry everything you need to restore your ride from bumper to bumper, floor to roof. We carry sheet metal, interior parts, weatherstrip, wiring harnesses, emblems, carpet, suspension, fuel parts, exhaust, convertible parts plus much, much more at guaranteed low prices.
*FREE SHIPPING! This applies to Ground Shipments for UPS, FedEx, Speedee, USPS & for Truck Freight Orders going to a business commercial address with some restrictions. Most of our Listings are selected with Free Shipping via Standard Ground Shipping. However, there are items which are too large to go by Standard Shipping Means and must go Truck Freight where additional charges might be required above & beyond the "Free Shipping" terminology. These listings are CLEARLY MARKED as such and provide detail on how to proceed with your order. Please See the Truck Freight Section below for additional details. We will try to save you money on the shipping and handling charges by shipping as much together, safely, as possible. *Free shipping applies to orders being shipped within the Contiguous United States. Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, APO/FSP/DPO addresses & International buyers contact us for shipping costs. FOR TRUCK FREIGHT ITEMS: There is a $$50.00 Surcharge for ANY Residential Address in the Contiguous US (Including Home Based Businesses). A $$30.00 shipping surcharge will apply to Arizona, California, Idaho, New Mexico, Oregon and Washington state deliveries. BUYERS of Truck Freight Items: Please provide the following information so we can process your order. We must know if we are shipping to a terminal for pickup, shipping to a business, or shipping to a residential address. The information can be typed into the note section in your PayPal agreement or on the order summary, or you can email us through messages under "Contact Seller". FOR A BUSINESS DELIVERY WE NEED: - Complete Business Name - Complete Business Address - Contact Name - Contact Phone Number FOR A RESIDENTIAL DELIVERY WE NEED: - Your complete address - Home phone number - Daytime phone number - The additional $$50.00 for a residential delivery.
Per listing policies, we are no longer allowed to publish our physical address, email address or phone number.
Please Use the Contact Seller under our ID to message us.
How do I return an item? Please contact customer service via email or telephone for more information on returning an item before just shipping it back! Circumstances vary and we take that into consideration! Our customer service department must authorize all items. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with a product, please contact our customer service representatives for instructions. NO RETURNS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 14 DAYS OF RECEIPT OF GOODS. Merchandise which has been damaged, installed, painted, unwrapped, electrical parts, GM non-returnable parts, literature and special order parts will not be accepted for exchange or refund. There is a potential 20% restocking fee for all returned items.
If you find an item on for less or know it is available and do not see it listed by us - Let Us Know! Email or Call us and we will create a new listing just for you. We will do our best to Meet or Beat their price.....* We want your business - It's just that simple - give us an opportunity to earn it!!!
*The items(s) has to be like for like currently advertised by a full time retail vendor on . This means that not
every single part will be able to be price matched or beaten for the simple fact that some sellers will sell below
their cost or have a special deal / exclusive with the manufacturer. There will be deals out there that we just cannot
beat but we will be honest and let you know that! Our Meet or Beat Price Guarantee includes the merchandise
selling price plus equivalent shipping method and handling charges. Expedited shipping offers may not be eligible
for a price guarantee. This excludes any pricing or listing errors as they do occur. Price adjustments are made
during an items current listing or are created as a new listing for you. Price adjustments do not apply to listings or
sales that have already been completed or paid for. We are in business to make money but our goal has always
been the same - Providing the best quality restoration parts available at the best prices
Add to Favorite Sellers
Sign up to Newsletter
Visit seller's Shop
About Seller Page
More Items!View more great items
This listing is currently undergoing maintenance, we apologize for any inconvenience caused.