1970-1971 Challenger Body and Electrical Assembly Manual Dodge Factory RT TA For Sale - New and Used
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
1970-1971 Challenger Body and Electrical Assembly Manual Dodge Factory RT TA:
Available to the public for the first time, this assembly manual is unlike anything you\'ve ever seen. You\'ll see page after page of detailed illustrations of how each body part fits others;this is a reproduction of the book that was originally used by workers on the factory assembly lines putting cars together. Use the part numbers and illustrations to help you verify original parts, to reassemble parts you are restoring, or to replace missing parts. You’ll find detailed parts illustrations and torque specs you haven’t seen anywhere else. This reprinted body manual covers these topics:
- Wiring and clips: Instead of conventional linear wiring diagrams, you get dimensional drawings of the wire routing plus pictures of the looms so that you can see exactly where the wires are situated in the car, where clips & connectors go, and what they look like. Includes color codes for wires. It includes images of the back side of the dash and instruments, as well as the wiring for both mechanical and body parts of the car.
- Torque: Lists part numbers for screws, nuts, and attaching hardware, showing where they are installed and torque values for applying them to fenders, grille, hood, dash, seat adjusters, doors, quarter panels, convertible top well, and trunk.
- Anti-corrosion: Shows areas to be primed and sealed.
- Paint: Illustrates areas that are to be painted with each type of paint, including inside the engine compartment. It defines which areas are to be painted with interior vs. exterior colors. Find out the exact color placement for two-tones. You’ll also see diagrams for the application of stripes with measurements for placement. Also includes decals and adhesive name plates. You\'ll see trim for special models like T/A, R/T, and Six Pack.
- Weatherstrip & Cementing: Make your car watertight and sound proof by applying weatherstripping and sealants to windows, doors, convertible top well, and trunk.
- Deadeners and Silencers: See how to install sound deadeners for the dash, doors, hood, trunk, roof, fenders, rear quarter, and floor. Some are panels and some are sprayed or squeezed fluid deadeners.
- Sealer, Solder, & Braze: Apply solder, tapes, and liquid sealants to fenders, dash, cowl, pillars, underbody, roof rails, quarter panels, glass channels, convertible top well, doors, and trunk.
- Welding: Learn how metal body parts are welded together. It’s helpful for hidden welds holding up parts you might need to remove and replace. If you’re replacing parts due to rust, you’ll find out how to replace mounting parts that have rusted away. This is particularly useful if the car has damage from a wreck.
- Lubrication: Find out how to prevent squeaks with illustrated instructions for lubricating hinges, locks, window regulators, convertible top, and console.
- Plugs, Gaskets, and Rubber Parts: You get part numbers for rubber parts to install body parts. See illustrations of exact locations and instructions for applying rubber parts and gaskets to hood, antenna, dash, underbody plugs, quarter panel, trunk, and convertible top well and header.
- Heating & Air Conditioning: Find out how to install front and rear heaters, defroster, defogger, vents, and air conditioner. Includes ducts, plumbing, and outlets.
- Instructions: Find out how to install glass garnish moldings, stow the jack, install the headliner, add seat belts, apply a vinyl roof, install a remote trunk release, install hood tie-downs, and add a few small parts. Includes the \"carburetor fresh air sytem.\"
Like all assembly manuals, this is reproduced from a book made for use inside the factory, and never intended for the public. Therefore, the print (like the print in original assembly manuals) is occasionally light. There are a handful of spots in the book where some of the words are unreadable. Buy now to own this never before available book. More assembly manuals coming soon.
Please see the sample page image. All pages are watermarked with a background image like the sample page. There are exploded views and illustrations on just about every one of the book\'s pages. New condition. Buy now to own this hard-to-find manual.
- Page Count: 343
- Exact Title: \"1970-1971 Dodge Body & Electrical Assembly Manual: Challenger, R/T, T/A\"
- Wiring Diagrams?: Included
- Authenticity: This item is a reproduction.
- Dimensions: 10.80 x 8.30 x 0.75
- OEM Part Number: DB97071CNA11FLY1EAB
Pay Media Mail shipping on 1 item, get FREE US shipping on 2nd item if shipped together. Find more in our store
- Click here for more 1971 Dodge Challenger manuals.
- Click here for more 1970 Dodge Challenger manuals.
- 1970-1971 Dodge Challenger
- 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A
- 1970-1971 Dodge Challenger R/T
Shipping Policiesall shipments may take extra time due to COVID
Super saver postalmedia mail with delivery confirmation is the lowest-priced option. Media mail typically takes 7-14 business days to arrive in the continental US..
To AK, HI, PR, and APO, media mail takes a month so we recommend priority mail instead.
Optionally, get this item sent to the US via postal PriorityMail with delivery confirmation for an additional cost (see shipments tab). Please request a quote for combined Priority Mail shipping, since multiple items may require extra shipping costs.
Economy shipping does NOT include tracking.
Standard shipping usually includes tracking. International shipments typically take 1-3 weeks for delivery, but can take longer.
Please supply a phone number with your order to ensure timely delivery of your package.
Shipment to Canada includes tracking. We pay GST. Books and CDs are duty free, so you should owe nothing when your package arrives. Shipment to Canada typically takes 2 weeks for delivery.
Open 7:30 am to 4:30 pm pacific time weekdays, 8:30 am to 1:30 pm Saturdays. Closed Sundays and holidays.
Finally, Buy With No Risk from the Auto Literature ExpertsPledge of Honesty
We are a high tech company with old-fashioned integrity.
Our Promise of Value: When you buy from Faxon, you know that the book you get will cover the years and content listed in the long description. We got to be the largest sellers of out of print auto books by becoming the experts on what you need to get your project on the road.
Our Assurance of Security: We have never sold or shared a phone number, email address, or street address. We have never had a credit card number stolen. Your personal information is safe with us.
Backed by More than Forty Years of Professional Experience: For more than forty years, we have been researching auto literature. We have built a library of rare manuals and compiled lists of manuals that exist. No other company has invested so much time and effort to find the best book for your vehicle. We buy from every major printer in the US in order to offer you the finest quality books and the best selection anywhere.
Powered by SixBit\'s eCommerce Solution
2005 Saturn Aura Concept
2008 Saleen S5S Raptor Concept
2005 Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo
2006 Ford Mustang Giugiaro Concept
2004 Lexus LF-C Concept
2008 Honda FC Sport Concept
2005 Ford GT
2006 AC_Schnitzer ACS4 Roadster
2001 Rinspeed Advantige ROne
2009 Roush P-51B Mustang
Front End Suspension Rebuild Kit Fits 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 Dodge Challenger
1970 1971 Dodge Challenger Convertible Pump Motor *Made In USA*
1970 1971 Dodge Challenger Convertible Top Hose Set